The following Skyrail Rainforest Foundation statement addresses relevant privacy issues.
The Skyrail Rainforest Foundation is committed to ensuring the privacy of individual's information. The Foundation respects the need for confidentiality of information and provides a secure framework to protect personal details, held by the Foundation, from collection of information, use and disclosure, storage, security and accessibility.
The Skyrail Rainforest Foundation privacy statement outlines:
- Collection of personal information.
- Use of personal information.
- Safekeeping of personal information.
- Privacy concerns response procedures.
1. Collection of Personal Information
- The Skyrail Rainforest Foundation collects personal information directly from individuals in a number of ways. These may include: application forms, telephone and facsimile correspondence, or contact in person.
- Personal information collected by the Skyrail Rainforest Foundation may include: name, address, email address and telephone number.
- For every visitor to the Skyrail Rainforest Foundation website our web server collects personal information for statistical purposes. Information identified includes the number of users visiting the site, traffic patterns, origin of users and referring sites. This is unidentified data and no attempt will be made to identify users or their browsing activities. The information is only used to assess our website performance and to help improve the overall content and layout of the site.
2. Use of Personal Information
- The Skyrail Rainforest Foundation will not use personal information, for any purpose, which is not related to the services or products the Skyrail Rainforest Foundation provides to individuals. The Skyrail Rainforest Foundation may use personal information to inform individuals of other Foundation products/services which the Foundation feels may be of some interest/benefit to the individual.
- The Skyrail Rainforest Foundation will not disclose personal information to third parties except where it is required by law.
- The Skyrail Rainforest Foundation will only disclose personal information with the individual's consent.
- The Skyrail Rainforest Foundation will not disclose personal information to any third party individual or entity for marketing purposes.
- Web server visitor information will only be used to assess our website performance and to help improve the overall content and layout of the site.
- At any time, individuals have the right to request that the Skyrail Rainforest Foundation remove their personal details from any Skyrail Rainforest Foundation marketing activity.
3. Safekeeping of Personal Information
- The Skyrail Rainforest Foundation takes reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up-to-date whenever information is collected or used. If individual's find that the current personal information that the Skyrail Rainforest Foundation holds is inaccurate, the individual may approach the Skyrail Rainforest Foundation and the information will be amended.
- The Skyrail Rainforest Foundation protects personal information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification and disclosure. Personal information may be stored in either electronic data or hard copy documents.
- Only Skyrail Rainforest Foundation authorised users may access personal information and only for approved purposes.
- All Skyrail Rainforest Foundation representatives are aware of their obligations under the Privacy Act.
4. Concerns and information regarding Skyrail Rainforest Foundation privacy
If you believe that your personal information has been compromised in any way, please contact the Skyrail Rainforest Foundation Privacy Officer, who will be your first point of contact should a privacy issue arise. Our Privacy Officer will investigate your complaint in complete confidence and make a formal response to you.
If you are dissatisfied with our internal complaint process the complaint will be passed onto the Privacy Commissioner.
If you have any further questions relating to the Skyrail Rainforest Foundation Privacy Statement, please do not hesitate to contact us: